I An Distracted by Everything

I An Distracted by Everything – An Annual for Grown-ups by Liza Tarbuck
Published by Penguin Random House, 2017

I An Distracted by Everything by Liza Tarbuck

Dame Shirley dress-up doll

8 Responses to “I An Distracted by Everything”

1. Kathy Thornburn March 25, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

Hi Sarah, So pleased to see you are producing some more lovely work… I love the cafe oils – Are any of them for sale?
    Havn’t seen you around town for ages.. look forward to hearing from you soon and some warm weather!
    Cheers!
    Kathy.

2. Linda & Rob Tudor August 2, 2013 at 12:28 am #

Dear Sarah, You probably don’t remember us, but Rob & the other Tudors lived next door to you in Tudor Close, many years ago !
    I met your parents in the early 1980’s and we’d often go to the Sunday artists market on the railings at Hyde Park, near Speaker Corner, to share a glass of wine with them.

I own several Vernon originals , and bought more for presents to give family & friends , they are always much admired. And your very talented Mum, made my beautiful wedding dress. We invited her out to stay with us in America many times, but she was always busy with your Gandma, and never managed to make the trip. I was very sad about her passing, it was the same week my own mother died, both lovely ladies I admired greatly.
    I don’t know why I suddenly took the urge to Google Vernon Godsill today, but I’m sorry to read that your father has died as well, my deepest sympathies.
    I hope that you & your family are all well, your paintings are excellent. All the Best , Linda

3. Alison Readman May 25, 2016 at 5:28 pm #

May I say I came across a trio of your father’s watercolours in a bedroom at Abingworth House in W Sussex. They were of thin, almost stick-like trees and stick-like animals and people. I liked the simplicity and uniform green colour of the art, and was sufficiently intrigued to look him ont’ internet.

Best wishes

Alison

• Sarah July 5, 2016 at 12:23 pm #

How lovely to hear where some of my father’s work has found a home!
      Kind regards,
      Sarah

4. Ken Hobbins January 5, 2017 at 7:32 pm #

Hello Sarah,
    Over 30 years ago, my wife and I purchased one of your father’s paintings while in London. It is called, The
    Gothick Tent Folley. I am sorry to hear of his passing! We are coming to England as of 1/18/17 and I was wondering if you have a shop we could visit? I was particularly drawn to your “cafe” series.

Yours Truly,
    Ken Hobbins

• Sarah October 31, 2017 at 2:04 pm #

Hello Ken,

Apologies – I rather neglect my website and I don’t think I replied to your email – or indeed I don’t think I saw it until today.
      It’s so nice to hear where my father’s paintings are, and that you still enjoying it, I hope.
      His watercolours were very lovely.

I’m sorry that I didn’t answer your question before your visit to England; I don’t have a shop, but I do sell work through my other website sarahgodsill.co.uk

Kind regards,
      Sarah

5. Dr Ralf Lane July 30, 2017 at 8:13 pm #

Hello Sarah!

I can across this site whilst doing some research on your late Father after I purchased a couple of his watercolours a little while back . . . two very beautiful, rather ethereal, little paintings . . . the titles are ‘The Old Apple Orchard, Taynton, Oxfordshire’ and ‘Autumn Light, Pens Pond, Richmond Park, Surrey’ . . . both are dated 1987.

I’ve had them professionally cleaned and re-mounted/re-framed etc., and they will be much appreciated.

Anyway . . . thought I’d drop you a line.

Very kindest regards,

Ralf

• Sarah October 31, 2017 at 1:58 pm #

Hello Ralf,

Apologies for not replying sooner; I’ve rather neglected my website and have just read your kind message.

It’s so lovely to hear that my father’s work is not just appreciated but cared for as well.
      His watercolours are indeed very beautiful. He was a terrific draughtsman as well, and he always made sure we had drawing materials and plenty of paper! He did the same for my children, one of whom is drawing most of the time.
      I’m intrigued to hear the Apple Orchard title and location; we lived near Kingston, so Richmond Park was a rich source of material, but Oxfordshire sounds like quite a departure!

Thank you for dropping a line. It’s always nice to hear where paintings are and that they’re being enjoyed!

Warm regards,